This week our special letter is n for net, necklace, nest, new and Nativity.
Activities you can try...
1. Read the Nativity story video (below). Retell the story with your grown up. You could make masks for the different characters or stick puppets, chose 4 different parts of the story and draw a small picture of each one or make big picture of your favourite part of the story. Be creative and have fun!
2. Ask you grown up to write the numbers 0 - 5 (Nursery) 0-10 (Reception) on a small bits of card or paper. Can you put them in the correct order? Close your eyes and ask your grown up to take one number away, open your eyes. Can you work out which number is missing? Can you find a given number? for example "Where is the number 3?"
3. Practise writing your n n numbers. Use the number formation rhymes (below to help.)
4. Practise singing your favourite n n nursery rhymes and songs. I've put some of our class favourites below. What new ones can you learn?
5. Have a look in your favourite books, how many n's can you find? How many objects can you find in your house that start with a n sound?