I've put links to two of our favourite dinosaur stories 'Harry and his Bucketful of Dinosaurs' and 'Dinosaurs Love Underpants' below. Choose some of these dinosaur activities to complete this week.
1. Try out some Dino Yoga with Jaime at Cosmic Kids. Go on an adventure to find Tiny the T-Rex. (See the link below)
2. Prehistoric pasta - Use different dried pasta shapes to create a dinosaur skeleton of your choice.
3. Dino fact file - Select up to 4 different dinosaurs and research them using websites, non-fiction books or the fact cards below. What interesting facts can you find about each one? What did they eat? Where did they live? How big were they? Maybe you could record a short video explaining all of your new facts.
4. Cookie excavation! - Become a palaeontologist. Use a cocktail stick and paintbrush to carefully excavate the chocolate chips from the cookie. How many chocolate chips did you successfully excavate? Can you count them?
5. Venn diagram - Can you sort the herbivores (plant eaters), carnivores (meat eaters) and omnivores (plant and meat eaters)?
6. Describe your dinosaur game - With a partner take it in turns to be the describer or the listener. First the describer draws a simple picture of a dinosaur without showing the listener. The describer then gives instructions to their partner one at a time for them to draw. For example "My dinosaur has a big circle for its tummy." "It has a long neck and a small round head." "It has a long tail." "On its tail it has 5 small dots." When you've finished turn the pictures around to see how you did. Swap roles so the describer has to do the listening this time.
7. Paper plate dinosaurs - Make your own paper plate dinosaur. See the photos below to help you. If you don't have a paper plate you could use a piece of card cut into a circle.